Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Chris Young-isms #1

On our road trip down from the 'Have, we stopped at a McDonald's for lunch. Ahem:

Chris: And can I get a cheeseburger from the dollar menu?
Cashier: Do you want a double cheeseburger instead? It's the same price.
Chris: Um, what's the difference?
Cashier: Well, a double cheeseburger has two patties instead of one.
Chris [thinking]: Uh, I'll just take the cheeseburger.

And then we go to get ice cream immediately afterwards:

[woman hands Chris an ice cream cone with two scoops of sherbet]
Chris: Excuse me, ma'am. I don't think this one is mine.
Waitress [looking at receipt]: I think so - you ordered a double scoop of sherbet, right?
Chris: Oh, I didn't know it came with two scoops.

And [though sadly unrelated] then on Sunday night in the dorm:

Chris [walking into the populated common room]: I need a teabag.
Brittany [looking at Chris quizzically and then with realization]: Oh! That kind of teabag. Yea, I have one in my room.

Keep on rockin' it [with a new penguin hat!].

\m/
Steve


3 comments:

Diana said...

maybe Chris is secretly on a diet??? Dundunduhhhh

Katie said...

or maybe he just doesn't know the word "double" yet

Diana said...

subconscious diet!