Thursday, July 3, 2008

from the mouths of babes

I'm home!! Hurray! It's great to be not-in-Louisville this weekend, woo.

Anyway, we went to see some fireworks with my young cousins. They're going into first grade in the fall! They were so excited to see me... I haven't seen them in a long time, and I can't even remember the last time I felt that popular.

Anyway, I fielded a number of interesting questions. Some were for the "genius": how do fireworks work, what is the smoke made of, etc. But two were particularly scary.

1) I was explaining that I'm almost done with college. One says, "After that, what will you do?" Another girl (not related to me) suggests that I should go to High School. But then my cousin says, "No, silly! Then she's going to get married! Right?"

2) "Are you a single mom?" I said "...no..." "Is your sister a single mom?" "...No..."
I have no idea where that one came from. But it freaks me out a little bit that 5 year old girls are asking me these questions.

3 comments:

Jae said...

"I can't even remember the last time I felt that popular."

"Are you a single mom?"

Well, you're gonna have a lot of little kiddies calling you mom in September.

JJJ said...

tell those punks you're already married.


also i feel the need to point out that my word verification starts with 'hiv'.

Elliot said...

I'm pretty sure you're a mom. Just sayin'.