Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Kitchen Duty

I have a confession to make. Last night I had kitchen duty, and I didn't do it. It was perhaps the grossest kitchen I have ever seen - black chunky stuff in the sink, food on the floor, dishes everywhere. I did not see it as reasonable to expect me to clean that up, so I didn't. I should also point out that I don't use the kitchen, don't cook, and generally try to stay as far away from it as possible. But today, somebody stormed into my room, and in not so many words demanded that I go clean it up, and I refused. Then another person sent out a bitchy email to the panlist complaining about the disgusting state of the kitchen, and named me as one of the people who should have cleaned it.

At this point, I kind of snapped and sent out a bitchy email of my own, and basically told people that they need to clean their own damn messes. Grr, I hate being angry at people, but I also hate being blamed for problems that really aren't my fault.

2 comments:

Katie said...

he was being really bitchy. i'm sorry all that crap was directed at you. <3

JJJ said...

i'll never make you clean my kitchen! i will make you paint schools in nicaragua though. :)